Sunday, December 9, 2012

Love like a hurricane

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God the Maker of all things. Ecclesiastes 11:5

 

I don't understand His ways. I have been dreading today. The luggage is packed to head for the hospital and I don't want to go. I keep telling myself what I told myself in April and what I told Ben the day he buried his wife and daughter. Today is necessary and that doesn't make this any less painful. It's necessary to remove Gracia from my womb. It's necessary to grieve. It's necessary to bury her. But it's still very painful. But it's something that the Lord has asked me to walk through. And because I believe that I know that He will be walking with me. Sweetly guiding me, using His people to pray for me, encourage me and cry with me.

I was encouraged to read Psalm 40 three times and today I finally did just that. A chapter of deliverance. The Lord delivering me and giving me His mercy and His truth and His love to protect me (vs11). I read of His deliverance the day I begin laboring for Gracia.

Psalm 40:3
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.

Amen! I hope many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. It's easy to give others credit instead of giving credit to God.  It's how we make sense of things when we don't know God.  We create an answer that seems to fit and makes us comfortable. He is the Maker of all things (Ecc. 11:5) All things.  Today I ask God to reveal truth to each of you that read my blog. May you hear His voice. May you respond to Him calling for you. He is jealous for you and He desires you.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture is so beautiful. It's nice to hear an update from you today as my prayers for you have not ceased. Every time I pray for the Lord to bring you strength and comfort I hear one verse

      "You will keep in perfect peace
      those whose minds are steadfast,
      because they trust in you." Isaiah 26:3

      Delete
  2. I prayed for you tonight while I read your blog. I prayed God would give you peace that passes understanding and that He will be glorified in your heartache. Rest in His sovereignty and know you're not alone. If you have a chance and want to read my blog, it might encourage you! I pray that it does. :) www.hopeisabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who walked your journey last week, I pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and your family as you say goodbye to your precious Gracia. Your words are so powerful...thank you for sharing them with us. We lost our baby boy in 2008 to Potter's Syndrome and I am strongly identify with so much of what you have shared. This journey is long and our prayers are with you. We would love to send a Build-A-Bear giftcard to Keilah in honor of her baby sister: http://cadenscubs.blogspot.com.
    In His Grace, The Carlson Family

    ReplyDelete